Ghosted

      Since my previous relationship ended several months ago I decided to get on a dating site and see what guys had to offer. It is sad to know that the majority of them only want to hook up and go on to the next. I have always been the type of person to be in a relationship with one person and I have always been faithful and devoted to only them. Times have definitely changed and I don't expect to be in a relationship any time soon. There were what seemed like some decent guys in my messages on this dating app so I decided to give them a chance. One guy we met for dinner, the other two we met at dive bars so the alcohol would help calm us down a little. I felt like we hit off. We had good conversation, listened to good music, and so on. We even ended up at my house watching a movie on Netflix. After the hang out sessions, dates, whatever you want to call it, I am shocked to find that they ghosted me. 

     The craziest thing about being ghosted by these "decent" dudes is the fact that we did not hook up. We made out. But it never went further and neither of us initiated for it to do so. Sex is fun. Sex is healthy. Was I willing to? Maybe. But I wasn't about to make that move and then be slut shammed for it at some point possibly. I just don't understand why they wouldn't just tell me they weren't into me. And I have sent them text like "Have a good day", Hope all is well" and no response. So now I'm done. I guess it irritates me because I know I would never hang out with someone and have a good time (so I thought) and then never contact them again. It makes no sense. Honesty is the best policy. Grow a set and be truthful with the person and yourself. Not everything is meant to be but at least be a decent human being and let the person know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake