Bring on the Heartbreak

     It is amazing how life can change in the blink of an eye. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years and some change and Friday/this weekend, he dropped a huge bomb on me. I knew going into this relationship the question of whether he would move back home to his parents when he got out of the military would arise, but I never thought I would be right about his ultimate decision. A few months prior to this event, he told me he was hoping to find a job here so that we could stay together which I was happy to hear. I love him and my family loves him and it would break my heart if he left me. But my intuition was telling me that he would end up going home since he hasn't been home in 5 years with his family since joining. This weekend, that intuition reared its ugly head and my boyfriend didn't come home to me like always. He sent me a message saying he needed to think about his life and he needed time to himself to think. I didn't hear from him all day while I was at work before these messages but I figured he was just busy at work. Saturday morning he came home and told me it was a hard choice to decide if he would stay with me or go home to his parents. It caught me off guard but I knew this day would come. He gets out soon and after our argument (because I was heated) I decided that there is no point to keep seeing each other if we will eventually be states apart. That would just drag the heartbreak along. This is heartbreaking for me. He is my best friend. We go everywhere together. He takes care of my car and mows the lawn, he even cleans the house sometimes if he gets off early. I was in a shitty relationship before him, and when he came along he taught me what love actually is and how I should be treated. Now he is going to leave all of that and our memories behind to start over in a new state which he has never lived in.The only thing I can do is wish him the best and hope that he finds the happiness that he deserves. I will always love him. Time heals everything and it will take me a while to get over this feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake