Mini Road Trip to Carolina


     Today I went to the Peach Festival with my mom and some family friends on Knotts Island, NC. My grandma (Memaw) grew up there and she went to Knotts Island Methodist church. My grandma also inherited a cemetery which I believe my mother owns now since her passing. I visited my great grandma and great grandfathers grave site. I also saw the other sites for the Capps family as well. For the first time, I also went to Pearl's which was a great little bar. The food was good, decently priced, and right on the water. Seeing the island and learning about my family history was so fun and amazing. It was such a great experience. Throughout my life I visited the island with my Memaw but going back today has been the first time in years I have been back since she passed. I wish my Memaw was still here to take me around and tell the stories and history of families and buildings she grew up around. I miss my grandma dearly but today I felt she was with me in spirit. I can't wait to visit again and take more pictures and learn more history and more background stories. These are my roots, this is my foundation. I love the island and I am proud to be part of such a great background.
Ladies Auxiliary DAV Chapter 20 VA.
adies Auxiliary DAV Chapter 20 VA
Ladies Auxiliary DAV Chapter 20 VA
Ladies Auxiliary DAV Chapter 20 VA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake