Facebook Detox Follow Up

     Recently I went one week without looking at Facebook. I completely deleted the app from my phone and it made me realize a few things. The first thing I noticed right away was the amount of data I saved. My work has wifi but I don't know the code so when I was scrolling through my feed on my lunch break or down time, I wasting a lot of my data. All week I was able to use that spare data to listen to Pandora to and from work. The second thing I realized was the urge to check my newsfeed. After the second day of deleting the app, I had no desire to even wonder what I was missing from my feed. I knew deep down it would be the same political posts and memes, people wanting pity for their lives, and the same people complaining about something no one cares about. The last thing I noticed was how happy and stress free I was. I didn't have to look at memes or long rants that pissed me off or made me want to scream.Today when I installed the app and logged in. I realized I didn't miss anything, which I thought would happen. My Facebook was flooded with birthday posts today since it is my birthday but I feel like half of the people posting to my wall only did it because Facebook told them it was my birthday. They don't actually care. So since my current long term challenge is to be soda free for one year (which I am 78 days strong, go me!) my next challenge will be to leave Facebook behind for a full year. One week felt awesome, I can't imagine what a whole year would feel like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake