Nail Polish Strips


            A few months ago I ordered some nail polish strips. I had never tried them before and I started to see them everywhere. So when they finally came in the mail, I was skeptical. The ones I tried were supposed to last for up to ten days. After a month, they were still on so I finally decided to remove them myself.
            First thing first. You must purchase a pattern or color you like. I bought mine offline but Walmart, Kmart, Rite Aid and Five Below sell them as well. When you get home, you will want to clean your nails and make sure all other polishes are removed. After you have removed all lasting nail polish from your nails, you will open your nail strip package up.
            Once the package is open, you will take the nail polish strip off the sticker sheet that they are attached to. My stickers came with a few different sizes, so pick the ones that fit your nails best. You will stick the rounded part by your cuticle, and the squared edge will be near your fingertips.
            If the sticker is over hanging, which most do, the package may tell you to fold the extra over hang under your nail and file them off. If you are like me and you don’t have any nails, I found it easier to use the scissors that come in a manicure kit to trim them to fit my nails perfectly. Once you have folded the extra or cut the extra off, you can file any sticker that is left over.
            You will repeat this process for all fingers on both hands. Once that is complete, I would recommend that you smooth each sticker on each nail to make sure they on sticking on there properly. If they are coming off or moving when you smooth them on your nail, you should remove that sticker and put a new strip on.
            The good things about these nail polish strips is that there is no smell, no worrying about spilling the nail polish jar over, no dry time and you can’t get it all over your fingers like painting with the nail brushes. I also noticed that after I peeled them off my nails, my nails weren’t yellow like they are sometimes from actual polish. As far as bad things go, the only problem is when you pick your color or pattern; it may not match your outfits for each day, unless you choose a neutral color or simple pattern.
            I recommend this product for anyone who likes quick and easy manicures, saving money, and not making a mess. Prices will range according to the stores you go to. Five Below has the Sally Hansen brand nail strips for five dollars and they have their own brand for three dollars. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake