Save Save Save

          Nursing school is obviously going to be very expensive. But I also need thousands of dollars just to take the co-requisites I have to have just to apply to the program. When I tell people I'm saving every penny, I mean it. Literally, I'm saving every coin and bill I get to go towards school. My biggest goal is to pay completely out of pocket for school or at least as much as possible, that way I don't have to get a loan and if I do, it will be a small one. You're probably wondering why I don't file a FAFSA and get pell grants and such. Well since my I "make to much" money, I only get about $300 from the government and that $300 will only be applied to my costs if I'm enrolled full time, which I can't since I work full time.
           My biggest tip for saving is to make sure that school is your priority, not shopping or just wasting money on other things you don't have to have. I have cut way back on my compulsive shopping habits since I know that I need like $25,000 for nursing school. Some people have asked me what I am doing or what I have done to get money for nursing school. Well first thing first. I have a job. Currently I'm working full time. Whatever is left over before the next payday, goes straight into my savings. I also collect aluminum cans to turn in. I have not turned them in yet, so I can't say if it is worth doing. The other things I do to earn money is my YouTube channel and this blog. I haven't earned a tremendous amount with these, but every penny counts.
          My ultimate goal is to say that I paid for my school completely out of pocket and I didn't need assistance from anyone. I don't want to take out loans or borrow from family. I want it to be paid in full by yours truly. Aside from paying for my school, I want to become a great registered nurse and help people in my community. School will be stressful and time consuming but to have a great healthcare career is what I'm really striving for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake