Busy Weekend

     After work today I have to get my final TB test for the nurse aide program. It's only $20 where I go so my wallet appreciates that. Then I have to go to the scrub store to return my bottoms for the second time. This time, I'm trying EVERYTHING on in the store before I leave. For those of you who have never bought scrubs like myself, make sure you try them on. The sizing (Cherokee is my brand) is completely different than regular clothing. Tropical storm Andrea is making her way to Virginia. The rain sucks, especially since I have to sit in the office ALL DAY. I'd rather be home sleeping. I saw the weather this morning and it looks like my area should expect rain until Wednesday.  This rain sucks. I was hoping to go to the local carnival but those plans can go out the window.
     My feet are finally getting pampered. I'm going to get a pedicure for the first time in 3 years tomorrow. I haven't decided if I want the french tip or a pattern. I'll probably choose a pattern like leopard or zebra since those are my favorites. I would get my nails done but I'm trying to get in the habit of not painting them or having acrylics put on because we aren't allowed to have them during clinical and at most facilities. Speaking of facilities, I went to visit my grandma on my lunch break yesterday and she was way better than the day before. She even remembered the necklace I had on the other day that she liked. It's weird with her memory because sometimes she won't remember anything we talk about and she will just keep asking the same questions over and over again. And other times, like yesterday she will remember things.
     Last night in class we did some check offs. I did urine output and dressing a client with an affected arm. They were simple, especially the urine output. I do want to start practicing all of the other skills I haven't been checked off on yet. Wednesday is out skills night, which means we are able to practice our skills for about an hour, then we start getting checked off on ones we are comfortable with. This weekend I'm going to look around for a life size doll or cheap mannequin to practice on. None of my family will volunteer, Half the time they aren't home and my dogs won't stay still for me. Enjoy your weekend everyone and if your in the path of this tropical storm, stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake