I Refuse to Sink

     Cardiac is by far the hardest class in nursing school. We have to learn the anatomy and physiology of the heart, the terminology, how to read EKG strips, IV therapy, diseases of the blood, and all kinds of other things. We are pretty much at mid term and I am sitting at a 76. We have to have an 80 to pass. I took a break from school one time due to failing and if I fail this class and have to sit out until a new class starts, I just might not go back. It is draining. I sit in class and work at clinical (for free) all week when I could get paid at my job and start paying off my bills. I love nursing school and I'm trying but this is hard. I really don't think I will want to redo this mod and re-learn it all and have to take the quizzes and tests again. I am one of the more fortunate people though. Some people in my class have even lower grades than I do. Once you reach a grade below a 75, 70 is pushing it, it is VERY difficult to make a comeback and at least pass by the skin of your teeth. Going through all of this has made me realize I will most likely not go back for RN-BSN because of the cost, time, stress, and other emotional aspects. I might do a physical therapy assistant program since that is my other interest. With 165 days left until my pinning ceremony (if I pass this mod), it is taking all of my strength and willpower to get up and go. I'm tired. I'm broke. I want to finish but at the same time, I want to just enjoy life.I've made it this far. I need to suck it up and finish. No one said it would be easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake