Are You Ready?

     44 days until the first day of summer. Are you ready? I'm not. I stopped working out and worrying about my weight loss a few months ago. I still eat fairly healthy compared to what I used to eat. I've been drinking more water than ever too. But my body is in no way ready for "bikini season". I know I can lose this weight and it's time for me to get serious...again. This has got to be the one thing I hate about myself most. Starting out losing weight and being healthy for the first month or two then slowly slacking, until the point I can't remember my last workout.
     It's kind of weird. When I was a health nut, being conscious of what I was eating and how many calories I was burning, my boyfriend wanted nothing to do with it. Now that I'm slacking, we have switched roles. He never wants fast food anymore, I do sometimes, especially when I'm stressed. He works out almost everyday. I can't workout during the day because of my day job, but that's no excuse. I should be riding my elliptical EVERY night for at LEAST 15 minutes. I am very proud of my boyfriend though. I'm glad he realizes how bad our eating habits were and I'm glad that he bitches at me when I want to eat or drink crap. He is kind of my motivation to get back into the swing of things.
     I start the CNA program in 13 days and I think that working as a CNA, my weight will come off more quickly rather than where I work now, sitting at a desk for 7 hours. Now that I'm getting older, I'm realizing how bad sitting all day is for your health. I'm overweight, my back hurts from poor posture and I strain my eyes which causes daily headaches. I have to make things changes now while I'm young instead of waiting until I'm older. I'm not going to say being a full time worker/part time college student is hard because it isn't. It's just challenging. Especially choosing ways to manage stress, from both work and school.
     It's not that I completely hate my body like I've said before. I have boobs, an ass and thighs. I'm proud of that. But I do want to look slimmer and healthier. I don't want to be overweight, I want to be thick and fit. When I first started my long weight loss journey that I've quit too many times, my original goal was to lose a total of 35 or 37 pounds. I can't remember the exact number. But then I started thinking about what I would look like. When I lost 7 pounds, I already saw a difference in my body and my clothes. So as of now, my goal is to lose about 15, maybe 20 more pounds. If I like how I look, I'll maintain that weight, if not, I'll try my best to lose more. My only issue is how I'm going to tackle this. The areas I want to work on are my cellulite infested thighs, top heavy tummy, and jiggly arms. Plus my love handles or "muffin top" needs to pack their bags as well.
     When the nurse aide program starts, I'll be going three nights a week. So I'm going to need to A) Work out as much as possible from now until May 20th when the program starts and B) Find a routine to still work out when I'm not at work or school. I also need to buy some healthy snacks to bring with me to my lectures/clinical. I know I keep writing about this weight loss crap, but honestly, it's hard. It's hard for me to keep working out and eating right when I'm not seeing immediate results. I know it doesn't work that way, but that's how my mind thinks. So here we go again. I'm going to try my best to look better in a bikini for summer starting now. Happy Tuesday people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Duties As A SAHG (Stay At Home Girlfriend)

Triage Nurse Duties

Step Away From the Cake